A short press of the button on the right side of the steering wheel keypad activates the system and initiates a voice command dialog.
Keep the following in mind when using voice commands:
- When giving a command, wait for the tone, then speak at your usual speed and tone of voice.
- Avoid speaking while the system is responding. Commands cannot be processed during a response.
- Avoid background noises in the cabin wheel
COMMON COMMANDS AND PHRASES
The following commands can always be used:
- "Cancel" to cancel the dialog. Dialog can also be cancelled by a long press on the voice control button; two beeps will confirm the dialogue cancellation. NOTE: To interrupt the system voice during a dialog, a short press on the voice control button allows you to speak.
- "Help" initiates a help dialog at the top level. During a dialog, a help prompt is displayed. Depending on dialog, the prompt can list possible commands or provide instructions.
VOICE CONTROL FOR CELL PHONES
- "Call [First-name] [Last name]": Calls the selected contact from the phonebook.
- "Call [First-name] [Last name] [Number category]": Calls a contact in your phone book. If the contact has several phone numbers (e.g., home, cell, work), the appropriate category must also be given (e.g., press and say "Call Robyn Smith cell").
- "Call [phone number]": Calls the phone number. NOTE: The numbers should be spoken number by number, but you can say a complete number all at once; e.g. 010-1234 should be spoken "zero one zero one two three four."
- "Recent Calls": Displays a list of recent calls.
- "Read message": To have a text message read aloud.
VOICE CONTROL FOR RADIO AND MEDIA
- "Tune to [frequency] [waveband]": Tunes to the selected station on the stated waveband (AM or FM).
- "Radio FM": Starts FM radio.
- "Radio AM": Starts AM radio (not available on T8).
- "Sirius": Starts satellite radio (U.S. only).
- "Bluetooth": Switches source to a Bluetooth-connected device.
USB AND IPOD COMMANDS
- "USB": Starts playback from a USB flash drive.
- "iPod": Starts playback from an iPod or a smartphone that is selected as an iPod device.
- "Similar music": Starts playback from a USB flash.
- "Play [artist]": Plays music by the selected artist.
- "Play [song title]": Plays the selected song.
- "Play [song title] from [album]": Plays the selected song from the selected album.
CLIMATE SYSTEM VOICE COMMANDS
- "Set temperature to [number] degrees": Sets the desired temperature.
- "Raise temperature" or "Lower temperature": Raises/Lowers the temperature in 3-degree increments.
- "Sync temperature": Synchronizes the temperature in all of the vehicle's climate zones with the one set for the driver's side.
- "Air on feet" or "Air on body": Opens the desired air vent.
- "Air on feet off" or "Air on body off": Closes the desired air vent.
- "Set fan to max" or "Turn off fan": Changes the blower speed.
- "Raise fan speed" or "Lower fan speed": Raises/Lowers the blower speed.
- "Turn on auto": Activates automatic climate control.
- "Air condition on" or "Air condition off": Activates/Deactivates the air conditioning.
- "Recirculation on" or "Recirculation off": Activates/Deactivates recirculation.
- "Turn on defroster" or "Turn off defroster": Activates/Deactivates window and door mirror defrosting.
- "Turn on max defroster" or "Turn off max defroster": Activates/Deactivates max defroster.
- "Turn on electric defroster" or "Turn off electric defroster": Activates/Deactivates the electrically heated windshield, if equipped.
- "Turn on rear defroster" or "Turn off rear defroster": Activates/Deactivates the electrically heated rear window and door mirrors.
- "Turn steering wheel heat on" or "Turn steering wheel heat off": Activates/Deactivates the electrically heated steering wheel, if equipped.
- "Raise steering wheel heat" or "Lower steering wheel heat": Raises/Lowers the heating level for the electrically heated steering wheel, if equipped.
- "Turn on seat heat" or "Turn off seat heat": Activates/Deactivates the electrically heated seats, if equipped.
- "Raise seat heat" or "Lower seat heat": Raises/Lowers the heating level for the electrically heated seats, if equipped.
- "Turn on seat ventilation" or "Turn off seat ventilation": Activates/Deactivates seat ventilation, if equipped.
- "Raise seat ventilation" or "Lower seat ventilation": Raises/Lowers the level for seat ventilation, if equipped.
NAVIGATION SYSTEM VOICE COMMANDS, IF EQUIPPED
- "Take me home Gives guidance to the location set as Home.
- "Search [point of interest]": To search for a point of interest by brand name or category, e.g., "Exxon", "Hilton", "Starbucks", "gas station", "restaurant", "pizza".
- "Show favorites": Shows navigation favorites list in the DIM.
- "Cancel guidance": Deletes all destinations in an itinerary.
- "Repeat voice guidance": Repeats the most recent instruction.
- "Pause guidance": Pauses guidance on the map.
- "Resume guidance": Resumes guidance on the map.
- "Turn off voice guidance": Turns voice guidance off, until you turn it on again.
- "Turn on voice guidance": Turns voice guidance on.
- "Change state": To search for navigation directions to a location in another state.
- "Go to [City]": A city as a destination, e.g., "Go to Hartford."
- "Go to [Address]": An address as a destination, e.g., "Go to 351 Farmington Ave, Hartford."
- "Add intersection": To set an intersection as a destination